These granola bars will change the way you snack! Chock full of healthy seeds, nuts, and dried fruit, and without the massive amounts of sugar in a standard granola bar, these will satisfy your cravings without leaving you crashing a half hour later.
Do you prefer other seeds, nuts, or dried fruit? Anything goes, so swap out any of the ingredients- be sure to comment and let us know how they turn out so that we can try your combo as well!
3 large bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups (200g) oats (if gluten-free, use gluten-free oats)
3/4 cup (90g) dried cranberries
1/2 cup (50g) walnuts, broken into pieces
1/2 cup (75g) sunflower seeds
1/2 cup (80g) pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup (60g) sliced almonds
1/2 cup (100g) vegan chocolate chips
1/4 cup (35g) hemp seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
• Preheat the oven to 175°C
• Mix mashed bananas and vanilla in a bowl, then add in oats
• Stir in cranberries, walnuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, almonds, hemp seeds, chocolate chips, cinnamon, and salt
• Line a large rectangular baking pan with parchment paper, then press the mixture into the pan. Make it’s well pressed down and even, then bake for 24-26 minutes. It should be golden around the edges when it’s done
• Let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then slice into bars and enjoy!